Wednesday, March 17, 2004

The Virgo Monologues

While surfing the net yesterday, I chanced upon to see what I was like. A virgo.

The sign Virgo is symbolized by the Virgin.
Your sign's element is Earth. Virgo is ruled by the planet Mercury.
You enjoy helping others and being of service. Virgo is shy, and prefers working behind the scenes. You are highly discriminating and a bit puritanical.

Virgo is intellectual, critical, fussy, shrewd, logical, methodical, practical and has teaching ability. Virgo can lack confidence and needs constant reassurance.


It freaked me out. I don't believe in daily horoscope where they say you will make a fortune by "bumping" into someone "speical" or that you have to take a leap of "faith", whatever that means. I believe more in personality horoscope, where the above words in italics really really reflect what I truly am.

I'm going to break it all down into details so if you're bored and do not wish to hear the confessions of a virgo, move on to another webbie.

I enjoy helping people. Yes sire to that . I don't do donations or charity work per se but I like to assist people in need of help whenever they ask me, of which I will gladly oblige.

I prefer working behind the scenes. Yup to that. Whenever I do school projects, I might hoard a major portion of a project and just do it and don't take due credit for it. My project mates attest to that. As long as the effort that I do is equivalent to what I get in return, I don't care what the rest thinks.

I am highly discriminating. I'm critical to myself. Having high expectations of what people do and what I do too, I always measure and compare which is a bad bad trait.

Virgoes are intellectual, critical, fussy and shrewd. I'm a loud mouth myself and I can get harsh with words too and the tendency for me being arrogant or stuck up is somewhat true. I won't deny I'm an intellectual nor will deny I'm not but to a certain degree, I feel that I think and analyze better than other peeps.

Virgoes are logical, methodical and practical. In other words, you're a fuddy duddy that thinks only one way. Sigh, I admit that. I think very systematically, like a mathematician. From young, I've always excel in maths and I still do. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't choose to stay along the Junior college route. People who know me quite well can ascertain the fact that I'm a practical person. Something I do must justify some form of returns or else, why waste your effort?

Of course, I do have a fun side to all that practicality and I feel that it is a good trait despite all the critics there to go for the gut feeling, but practicality is like common sense, which I think I have loads of it. Hence, I'm less of a risk taker.

Virgoes can lack confidence and needs constant reassurance. Hence, my paranoia towards certain matters and I'm always pessimist and take a bad view so that I can reassure myself later when things really go awry.

Horoscopes are freaky. They just open up the guts of my personality and lay it on the boardroom table to show and tell people what are you all about.

I'm an open book. Burn me.

- Benjamin

No comments: