Friday, March 05, 2004

Eavesdropping

I couldn't get to sleep again so I decide to blog.

Before that, I got an offline message from Wendy (Xiaxue), to peep at her blog! Haha, to my horrific hallucinations, she was praising me. Gosh!

Yeah, I know I didn't sent in the best picture of myself even though this competition is half based on looks and half based on personality.

The reason why it is on looks is because people that don't know any of the 40 contestants here, will see, judge and vote on what is here based on first impressions that strike them

Yeah, I admit, I have a bucktooth. Everyone has deficiencies in life they wish to correct. If you're fat, you seek to address the problem by going to a slimming centre.

Same theory applies that if you are in the middle class categoru, you have aspirations of owning the 5 C's. Thus, I resolve to get my teeth fixed one day. For now, I'm just happy the way I am.

Oh! I just remembered.

Whilst I was at work, I discovered that I had a desire to join another line.

Instead of being an account executive, I'm more of a creative person with crazy random thoughts that I like to input. I want to be a copywriter.

I know no ordinary person can be a copywriter but I possess some finesse in the English langage (i think i do at least...) and some wit to spice things up.

Handling clients didn't look so ideal to me after all. This struck me when my supervisor was cracking his head over coming out taglines for print ad for the brand.

His office is right behind me and he likes the open concept of an office so he doesn't closes his door. Hence, as I was browsing through magazines, his rather eccentric voice came thundering and I was an unwilling eavesdropper.

This unwilling eavesdropper turned willing when the frustration from the room behind me vented towards my direction as I could not concentrate reading the fine print of the ads anymore.

Hence, willing eavesdropper jotted down notes. And came up with 12 headlines. It was already 6 in the evening and I pondered whether should I submit it, it might score me some brownie points but also hurt me in the gut knowing the mr "eavesdropper" was listening to some stuff he should have blocked out.

I chose not to. Don't ask me why.

- Benjamin

No comments: