Monday, March 01, 2004

First day of work

Back from work.

It was nerve-wrecking as I set off to my internship company.

Not really knowing what to expect, I arrive 10 minutes before the dot and I was introduced to the big shots of the organization.

After which, there was a company meeting to update everyone on what has happened.

My boss is a real nice guy. Although he puts on a strict front, you could see a kind soul (i'm not kissing any boots here ...) within him. He is a really busy busy busy man.

For my time spent there, I cut newspaper ads of the particular brand i'm working for and also did some company background research to know what they do. I'm not naming it here for privacy issues. Sorry peeps.

All said and done, I felt it was an average first day of work. Of course, I wish to be exposed to many things but I had to start from ground zero.

What you learn in school is really child's play. The outside world is so different as I could not comprehend some of the acronymns of the terms they just blabber casually like their slang.

Well, it's only my first day here. I also got briefed about my job scope as an account executive. Basically to sum it all up crudely, you need to know everything, handle everything and if anything goes wrong, you are the blame of everything.

So there you have it. A desire for pain and my passion for it.

What's wrong with me?

- Benjamin

No comments: