Wednesday, March 31, 2004

10 things I want in a lover

The host of the mdd8 competition gave us assignments of what you want in a long term lover. Listing down all your preferences and write all the brutally honest stuff I would like to see as my rocking chair partner.

Okay, firsts up.

1. No religion affiliation

I would prefer that my "lover" has no religion. Whoa, i'm not anti-christ or what but I'm just more pro-freedom. I just prefer someone who has little restrictions and inhibitions on what some scripture or book that dictates them what to do and what not to do.

I respect people who have faith in their religion, I have no qualms about it but with no religion tying you down to some beliefts, I believe me and my "lover" would be a much more happier relationship.

2. Sense of freedom

I would also like my "lover" to have a sense of space. What i mean by it is they have their own freedom too. Something like you have your own circle of friends that I respect and vica versa and we don't ask too much questions unless both of us agree to analyze certain situation. The word is "space", not "know everything about you until it becomes too forceful". As time passes, you will eventually know someone better indefinitely.

3. Independent (Spunky)

I would like my "lover" to be independent. Someone who is career-minded, has ambitions and stand up for her own beliefs. That will lead to some friction and quarrels between me and it does not matter if sparks and quarrels happened, it goes to show that we are two different personalties who sees things differently.

4. Intelligent

I would also appreciate if my "lover" was of some intellect, where we are able to discuss something intellectually like why the world is not flat and why the government charges us so high for COE, discuss serious matter in a fun manner. Some intelligence won't hurt, but bimboness would be the ultimate nail in my coffin if I would end up marrying one unknowingly.

5. Average and above looking looks

It would also be wonderful if my "lover" looks reasonably pleasant. I'm attracted to beautiful things, no doubt about it, most Virgos just like to appreciate the finer side of aesthethics. No point of me trying to deny or trying to whitewash the truth, I just want someone average looking and a sense of their own style. Period. Then again, a beautiful personality is much more better than beautiful looks. Which will fade off faster anyway ....

6. Glutton

I love food. No doubt about it. And I hope that the person that I end up dying with is because of our gluttony for chocolate desserts, Ferrer Roche and hot fudge sex. I just love to eat various type of delicacies and my wallet has to keep up, not my bowels and if someone who can cook and boil a cauldron of hot fudge chocolate to spread over my body would definently score brownie points. = P

7. Loves to travel

From young, I have this spirit of adventure, to travel around the world to all the majestic places written by Jules Verne "Around the World in 80 Days". I was greatly inspired with it and I'm still enamoured with what the world has out there. I'm not really a nature person so you won't find me climbing Mount Kilimanjaro or swimming the Ganges river.

However, I'm interested to do all these things before I die: Travel to Amsterdam (City of Sex), Dublin (City of Leprechauns and Green Tights), New York (City of Carrie Bradshaw, advertising and shopping), all cities of France (City of Love and fries), Guatamela (City of culture), Hawaii (Island of white beaches), rural areas of Japan (Land of Culture shock) and Athens (City of mythology). Many many more I have yet to name. Might do one section about my fantasy travels.

I know long list, and if my lover loves to travel, u're on the top of my list !

8. Loves to shop

I won't lie. I love to shop. Call me a shopaholic. Give me a credit card.

I just want to shop till my boxers drop. I go crazy whenever there is a SALE going on and if the gal loves to shop and maxed out her credit card (I don't believe in paying 24% interest), I'll cut her card. Shopping is wonderful if you have money, just don't overspend it and end up in debt.

9. Organized

I love someone who is organized and well-coordinated. I'm not really an overtly spontaneous person as I like to know, "What's next?" and I love to plan with my filofax. I would make a great Personal Assitant even though I think I can do so much more. 2 thumbs up if you colour code your wardrobe. I don't colour code mine but I section code mine as in sections for long-sleeve shirts, short-sleeve shirts, which is segmented to collar tees, v-necks ....

Call me weird but don't you find it easier when everything is sorted?

10. Affectionate

Last of all, I wish that my "lover" is affectionate. Maybe I'm in need of Tender Loving Care but I would appreciate it if once in a while, my "lover" just say it out how much she adores my bucktooth or just shower compliments over me. I know, but it's nice, dontcha think when someone gives you assurance to justify your prescene in the world.

To sum it all up, this is just a wishlist. Is it too much to ask? Of course! You can't expect to mould someone you love to someone you would ENJOY.

It's all about chemistry, it's all about the passion. As much as the above characteristics are what I would look for, it does not represent that I need all these in a "lover".

Whatever the 10 above things are, I still need one thing.

I need a lover first.

- Benjamin

P.S. My self perception of myself is that i am all the above, except No.5.

No comments: