Friday, March 12, 2004

Technolust

Everyone loves gadgets.

All things big and small, snazzy to practical, the fuzzy to the vibrating.

Gadgets run our daily life from EZlink card, refrigerator, the brainwashing box in your living room to the device that radiates harmful radioactive waves to our miniscule brain that operates only at 5% all the time.

Without gadgets, I can safely say bring me a spear and I will hunt my own food.

I guess technology has changed our life loads and I recall my first inkling for a gadget.

During the late 90s, everyone was super crazy over pagers and handphones were the sizes of bricks.

From neon to glow in the dark, anything that beeps, is a hit.

I begged, I growled and I moaned. When I finally got a beeper, everyone moved on to another revolution of being a brick-carrier. (note: I was pretty young then)

We all know technology changes faster than I change my underwear and when a new gadget gets into the consumer marker, everyone rushes to get one without their undies.

After a pager, I craved and lusted for a handphone. I guess this was where I got infected by "technolust".

I was bedazzled by what these gadgets can do more than how clean my underwear was. It got to a point where the craving for a better model of cellphone/digital camera/MD player was overpowering.

I guess nobody can get off the hook once they catch on technolust. IT illiterate people are safe from this virus.

Nerds, geeks and technofreaks constanly yearn for what's next.

On my list is an iPod and another cellphone. Yeah, I guess I just belong to the geeks after all.

- Benjamin

P.S. I change my underwear everyday. I think.

No comments: