Friday, April 02, 2004

My work

What do I really do as an advertising intern anyway?

I'm working for this advertising company which is quite renown in the scene and i'm roped in to a large team handling the biggest client.

As "pow wow" as that might sound, it's not.

I get to do all the non time sensitive stuff which can be really a bore and all you want to do is scratch your butt everyday as the itch from seating down for 9 hours in a row can be quite an itch.

Let me descirbe one thing I will never fail to do everyday.

Media monitoring -

Just a nice term for me to state in my logbook which is handed up to our lecturers but in actuality, it just means tearing newspaper. Yes, because our advertisers need some verficiation that we really did spent their money talking about their ass on the paper, they want to see how big their ass are.

Hence, I do all the ass cutting which is dated all the way back from 2003. It's been a month and I've cleared all that ass but yes, everyday, more ass comes in.

Okay, I'm crude. But if you come in dressed quite nicely just to end up cutting newspaper everyday, let's see how ur fingers whine in pain while your nose crinch at the smell.

I don't only cut the ads (ass) from Singapore, sometimes, I even have to get down and dirty and cover the whole region.

The whole region comprises of India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and even Vietnam.

For those who don't read these newspapers, I plead you never to do it even when you feel that you are bored and decided to head to Holland Village and spend money to read news from other countries when you don't even read the Straits Times.

You see, newspaper from India and Thailand stink like hell. I'm no nationalistic citize or what but the ink is really pungent when you havve to keep flipping to find the ass among the other asses there. The ink is like recycled Ganges river water or some juice from a beetlebug. It just stinks.

And Media monitoring stinks.

Wearing a face mask,
Benjamin

P.S. I know talking about Asses might have some implications of me looking like a homosexual but fuck it, I can talk as much ass if I want to, since i'm in the Ad(ass)vertising industry.

No comments: