Friday, April 16, 2004

Choc O Laughter

Wahahahaha!

Before you think I just entered Woodbridge, let me indulge you with some tidbits.

I watched "50 First Dates" and "Starsky & Hutch" !

I love comedies, basically anything that makes me laugh my lungs out get the thumbs up for me. I watched these movies courtesy of free tickets, perks of being in the media industry AND knowing people in the media industry.

Anyway, after mundane 9-5 deskbound days, it was really refreshing to perk up your day.

SPOILER ALERT: If you wish to watch the following 2 movies of 50 First Dates and Starsky & Hutch, scroll to the END OF SPOILER so that I won't SPOIL your movie after you read my REVIEW because we all know how SPOILERS are such a SPOILSPORT when they tell you the ending of the show. I might throw in hints of the movie here and there but I try my best as possible to not SPOIL your entire experience. If you've watched it, GO READ what I feel about it. : )

Wednesday: 50 First Dates

Hilarious to the last drop, heartwarming for a romantic comedy to bring your loved one to. There were some "your face going huh?" at the nonsensical humour because of some American context but it's forgiving when you see how Adam Sandler makes Drew Barrymore love him every morning.

"See all the faces melt and go awwwwwwwwwwwww"

Drew Barrymore's face don't strike me very favourably now, I love her in 50 First Dates but it is getting too sterotypical for her already and I don't think she'll ever break out of such roles. Same goes to Adam, but he just cracks me up all the time.

50 First Dates: 4/5 Big laughs

Thursday: Starsky & Hutch

I watch this with my gal pal, Wen Jun and I saw many familiar faces for this screening. Quite a lor of Advertising people were there. And it was seemingly irritating because the movie advertisements lasted for 15 minutes. Hmm....

Anyway, because the movie is a current remake of a hit TV show (correct me if i'm wrong), lots of the camera work were using a fusion of old camera tricks with the new tricks which I give excellent marks to the director.

One flaw though was the beginning. Like most movies, the beginning got off to a slow start, this is so as to build the personality of the cast. As the movie begin, Ben Stiller is damn farni. And I absolutely love the ending.

Although there was an obvious cut scene from MDA where the bad guy killed his wife for no apparent reason (i don't know why she died because it was cut off ... duhz).

Starsky & Hutch: 3/5 Big laughs - Going retro is power !!!

END OF SPOILERS

After Starsky & Hutch, I brought our birthday girl to Max Brenner to have a chocolate craving before she turns the big 2-1.

Pictures speak a thousand words. Cliche line but it works.


View my mms blog!!! Loads of pictures and comments for you to guffaw.

We had the melting fondeau where I absolutely love milk chocolate !! A no-no to the white chocolate as it tastes kinda yucky. Good place for lovebirds to indulge in pre-bed activities before romping.

Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar: 4/5 Da Place to cave into your ultimate cravings. - 1 for "where's the cookies" hehehe...

It's a funny day. Live it. Or spread it all over with chocolate.


HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY WEN JUN !!!


- Benjamin

No comments: