Monday, April 26, 2004

Don't be bitter, be better

This comes as one of best pieces of advice ever given to me.

Ever since the mydreamd8.com got a little dirty, I've kinda got refreshed with reality.

Money makes the world go round. or crazy.

Either I could lament and join the mud slinging, dagger throwing session or I could just sit back and enjoy the show.

I chose the latter.

But then again, this politics not only takes place in competitions but in the offices and in the family too. It just exists in different forms of perversions that has different elements.

The world is a playing field. Unless you're a hermit that is as stingy as a scrooge with no friends, family members and a house that is equipped with all possible technology to wash your socks and cook cream broule at the order of a remote control button, than maybe you'll never need to take the stage.

But until you grow to be that filthy rich, we have to face the world.

It's brutal. It's cutthroat. It's every man for himself.

I fantasize about how I climb the ranks by ploughing the corporate ladder. I have to mow the weeds and then slowly find my own patch of grass to develop myself.

Okay, stupid analogy. But life is meant to be bittersweet. You suck in the bitterness and savour the sweetness.

That's life. And we can only improve after our setbacks and hardships.

That's why life is meant to be bitter.

As the parting days of mdd8 is about to end, I guess I've gained a more worldly-wise view of people out there.

Cest' la vie. Choose the flavour of the life you want to lead.

- Benjamin

P.S. I sound like an advertising campaign to promote life. How sardonic.

No comments: