Sunday, April 25, 2004

Bogged down

My recent abscene from the blogging scene is down to one word.

Work !

Suprisingly, after I wrote my entries about how B-O-R-I-N-G is my work, a tidal wave of responsibilities and assignments crashed into my hapless intern body.

Luckily, I had it in me to straighten my priorities. Work, followed by blog.

And work I did. For the past 3 days, I'm always the last 5 people that leaves the damn eerie office and it's always past 7.30 pm.

The thing about my office is that when it hits like 7 pm, all radios have been tuned off as their owners have headed home and my cubicle is situated at a lonesome corner with the automated water cooler making a machine buzzing sound.

Guess you only have to be there to know it. It gives me the creeps and my paranoia sets it as though somebody is behind me but Hey !, I gotta do my job and no supernatural hallucinations gonna stop me in my tracks.

Imagine THE NEW PAPER HEADLINE.

"Intern got FREAKED OUT and DIES because of supernatural hallucinations"

That would top the charts.

The most redeeming thing about work, is lunch. I'm grateful for the variety of choice of food in the area that can fill my tummy but the most unredeeming thing is I have an ulcer for almost a week and it isn't even CURED yet !

Grrr..... I'm gonna try Bonjela, as recommended by Nuj, and my parents bought it the last time they were at Oz. I hope it's more soothing than agonizing.

I won't bore you with the boring details of my work as of yet but I'm looking ahead for a breather after one more month of internship.

I have a gut feeling that they would like to re-hire me but I'm still thinking whether should I stay on or move on. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, the main factor buggering me is that I have YET to receive my ENLISTMENT LETTER to army and I hope I'm not overlooked.

If I'm going to serve it, than give it to me. Don't delay it, because it will affect the after plans of my life. I wish Army would be reduced by a year but that's another topic for another time.

Okay, I'm already blabbering. To round up, I had an amazing weekend but a lousy birthday celebration (it's not mine, btw). Would have been more cost effective if we didn't go karaoke and the BBQ steamboat. There were too many flying ants diving into shirts and soups, pretty annoying if you had to ask and pretty disgusting if you had to imagine.

And I think I'm tone deaf so that means I can't SING !

Pretty much rounds up the last few days. And work is barely around the corner. Argh !

To be or not to be,
a tone-deaf Benjamin

P.S. I wonder how I survived through 4 years of being a concert band member.

No comments: