Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Boredom

Boredom has officially set in.

My work has become as mundane as the lizards that crawl among the four walls of our house.

I really wonder if I'm more useless than a lizard as it at least get rid of flies whereas I'm just depleting the world of its oxygen supply.

It has been 10 hours. I've tried to do something productive, to no avail. Because the only most useful thing I've done today is burn a CD for my colleague.

What is my net worth to the company then?

I'm really disappointed, but I guess I can't do anything much being an intern. As an advertising executive, I could at least see the whole process of the entire campaign like I was recently switched to another supervisor and it is now at the production stage where all the creatives are being formed.

Couldn't I just at least follow him around the creative department to see what are the tweaks, the terminologies and the troubles faced by an advertising executive?

Is it too much to ask? I did ask, but it has fallen on deaf ears.

They are too busy, and I can imagine myself being a bunny always searching for its carrots, not caring about the brood who is growing up to do about the very same thing they would be doing few years down the road.

I know, lame analogy. But since I had a happy Easter and bunnies is the best description I would describe my bucktooth face, I guess my analogy holds some truth!

Speaking about my teeth, I went to the dreaded dentist yesterday!

Been procrastinating the dental appointments for days and I finally made the effort to cancel a coffee-appointment-after-Marche with my pals to go clean my teeth.

Lots of filth have gathered there and its time to swipe it all off.

My fears with the dentist lies with the pain that is self-inflicted upon me. The drilling and the metal hook trying to scrape off the rosti I had at Marche, I can visually imagine my dentist nodding her head in disapproval of what torture I have been doing to my teeth.

Least to say, I have clean teeth because I did fluoride treatment after that. I swear from now onwards that I will watch what I eat because it affects two areas of my body now, my tummy and my teeth.

In addition, this Saturday is my impending doom to tell me whether I can make it in Army or not. It's my NAPFA test.

It's an entrance test to hell, basically to test which level you wish to either burn, suffocate or drown in the fiery flames of pain. It just goes to show everything I do boils down to the repercussions I face everyday.

Like I chose to be in the advertising line, which I'm more suited to the creative field of implementing it or being a journalist where I am under the deadline to rush for something rather then sit like a lizard sleethering away.

Damn my actions. Damn the consequences. Damn the repercussions.

Damn bored,
Benjamin

P.S. I created a new meaning for the hokkien term "la ji" with my friends at Marche. And it starts with a 'H'.

No comments: