Friday, April 09, 2004

Beary Crazy Mahjong Night

10 hours, 5 kahkis, 4 mahjong rounds, 3 hours laters after I woke up, 2 drinks of Pokka Melon Milk and 1 satisfying night.

My Easter eve has certainly been wonderful.

The players yesterday was Me, Ivan, Eric and 2 of Eric's friends, which I'm still groggy to only recall one whose name is Jackie.

For that 10 hours, we "pong", "chi" and slap ourselves crazily.

As competitive as it got, amusement and frustration gets to some including me.

As the night went by, the moonlight madness got us in a weird frenzy.

I don't know if you all play mahjong and even play it overnight like us crazy buggers but if you have tried not sleeping for one day, your body loses control.

In the mahjong room, I got very depressed as I was close to losing my blue chip and I took my lucky charm (my stuff toys and I'm not embarrassed that a guy my age has 2 stuff toys to cuddle to as it has sentimental value to me from my family) which worked wonders.

At approximately 3 am, Jackie was slaughtering us with his tiles which was always so amazingly good.

In mahjong, you built the "difficulty" of the cards. The higher you go, the lower the chances of winning and when you win, it is a big payout.

And there was Jackie, building the "limit" of his cards and kept winning. The 3 at the table were pretty poker faced with astoninshing gaps wide open everytime he says "hu" (which means win).

Introducing my bear to sit on my lap, I was pretty lethargic once again as I got a horrid combination of cards with a mouse tile (which was a bonus if I won).

Then, with my back slouched in like the humpback from Notre Dame, I stretched for my cards and making an agonizing sounds everytime I drew from the draw pile.

I managed to draw ALL the four animals in the game which also meant I had the limit (maximum) game if I had won.

And won, I did.

Okay, people think it is weird that I have a stuffed polar bear on my lap that changed my luck when I won but these eccentricities make people what they are.

Michael Jackson sleeps with kids and Bjork has weird MTV videos. Go figure.

Anyway, I won and the rest were disgusted not only how "charming" my stuffed polar bear was, they were equally turned off that somehow the combination of my agonizing stretching sounds and the bear somehow worked in co-ordination.

Jackie, in retailation, grabbed my polar bear's head and gave it the smackdown on the 144 tiles. I saved it from further aggression and I told him people who have whacked my bear lost in the later rounds of the remaining mahjong session.

And he did. He kept throwing the winning tile to the rest of us and at the end of the game, he was the big loser. Considering that he had like $60 in his coin box.

That will teach him to whack a polar bear during a mahjong session.



Don't mess with the bear.

Benjamin

P.S. I'm lethargic today, maybe I pong or chi too much. Having a breather and modifying my blogspot layout. Somehow. playing with crazy html befits the beary crazy mahjong night.

No comments: