Sunday, April 04, 2004

Fluttering feelings

It was amazing I could thrive on the adrenalin of perfecting a porfolio for the entire day after work.

I guess I'm just a perfectionist.

After waking up with barely a few hours of sleep, got up in an unearthly (or is it ungodly, is there a difference?) hour of 7 am to hand up the delectable porfolio which I arranged.

Yesterday after handing up my porfolio, I went back to slumberland.

Awakened. I realised I was late for my best friend's commissioning parade. The ever punctual me panic (what is the past tense of panic?) and in a huff, left the building before Elvis could.

And I met up with "her", yes the mystery that shrouds and envelopes my heart. People might think I'm starting a controversy to get some attention or votes. I'm not. I don't need to.

She exists. And I respect her wishes that she does not wish her name to be revealed on a blog because she's just shy. She's just a blog reader, not a blog attention wannabe. I wish I could read her blog because she doesn't have one because she really has a way with words.

Anyway, I met up with "her". A last minute call to her since she came back from overseas few days back to accompany me to my best friends's salute to officerhood.

The weather was a dampener though. The monsoon season was expected and checking the forecast the day before, that it would rain, and it really did.

Showers and lightning spoiled the festivities but the weather didn't spoil the wonderful time I had with her.

Hehehe, It sounds as though i'm love-sick. Me and "her" headed to the Warriors Hall for the buffet and we discuss further about our secondary school years (clue).

I'm gonna digress of "her" and talk about "him".

My best friend. Jun Mian.

We've been friends since secondary 1. We look like geeks and I guess we still do look like older geeks now and guess what gals, he's single to boot.

Look at him in his dashing no.1 outfit !


We've gone through trials and tribulations as friends and we've only gotten close after our 'O' levels, the only Secondary school friend that I've kept constant contact with.

In a short period of meet-up, because he had to have a mass dinner with the rest of his newbie officers, it was astounding to see him getting respect people who are taller than him saluting him. (don't whack me with your sword, JM)

What a power trip of authority. Makes me want to work hard to become an officer too. Don't know whether can make it haha......

Anyway, Jun Mian also had a glimpse of her, she was the one who took pictures of us .....

Okay, after a 15 minute buddy-buddy-whack-in-the-back-congratulate-scruffle-hair session, me and "her" departed while he marched off to his relatives.

She was simply amazing, we just kept on yakking non-stop, I never wanted it to end like an old black/white movie.

Then, there were squirmy feelings again when we went off for some ice-cream. And there, as my Cookie Craves ice-cream melted into the hot chocolate syrup, I spilled out the sauce (pun intended) of my heart.

To conclude to all the sweetness of butterscotch and cookies and cream ice-cream that filled our tummies, I came to realize after the long bus journey home that it is not a fleeting infatuation after all but maybe the dangerous L word.

I wonder,
Benjamin

No comments: