Saturday, February 28, 2004

Talentime

Entertainment, at the expense of your disgust.

Last day of school. Last day of seeing the school at its worst.

I was one of the main organizers of Talentime last year and I didn't expect any better of what I was about to see.

Frankly, it is just a basic itineary of who is going to sing, the usual stuff with awful emcees (gettting worse by the year) and the usual suprises of winners.

Firstly, the performers are about average and some with above par with good vocal ranges but chose bad songs aka quarter-finalists of American Idol.

Secondly, emcees never seem to warm up the crowd. All they do is announce and introduce the next singers/performers which a luohan fish/goat/camel can also do in a different animalistic language.

Lastly, winners which the audience always expect never turn out to be winners as the judges (from a different generation) sees things from a different point of view. Oh well.

It seems I am only able to pinpoint the negatives of a situation. There are positives too.

1. The buffet table is always cleared by 15 minutes. Exactly.
2. There is always a mess left in the audtiorium once Talentime is over.
3. Every performer always turn out to be winners as coursemates and friends are there to show their support no matter how badly they perform.

Amen to 3.

- Benjamin

P.S. I'm posting on both platforms, here and my dreamd8 site. You can find more nonsensical stuff about me there. Additionally, look at the 24 MMSes. i posted up in the last 24 hours. I'm a maniac !

No comments: