Friday, February 13, 2004

Mambo Dumbo

4.44am. I'm a bimbo in the pubbing scene really.

Was on a virgin encounter at Zouk and it was an astounding eye-opener.

The gyrating hips, the grooving music and the haze of stale smoke air lived up to Zouk reputation from all the gossips that I've heard and finally able to piece it up visually first hand myself.

I'm shagged from the dancing, drinking and inhaling smoke passively. I'm heading to the bed first and I shall return to blog after I return from school tommorrow which starts at 11 am.

I'm so looking forward to it. Sleep, that is.

*********************************************************************************************

9.08 am. Suprisingly, I had no hangover.

I don't normally drink alcohol but I guess I can hold myself, mustering the couage to sip from anoymous bottles of e-33 and unknown jugs of liquids of bourbon coke, vodka lime, vodka ribena and god knows what. I was sober though unlike my cuzzy, Daphne, who became groggy in a little over an hour or so after midnight madness.

I forgot to add on that the blaring music and my constant screaming made me hoarse but screaming like a maniac with the music, there is a sense of liberalism that you do not get often, something like screaming at the Grand Canyon to let all your frustrations out only that in Singapore, there are only 2 places, the beach at East Coast Park and the Grand LongKang at some uullu uullu place.

The music selection was okay, me being here for the first time and furthermore, my friends tease me about my erratic dance moves.

"I gave it (dance moves) my best shot. I have no regrets"

Something to learn from the infamous quote from the famous William Hung. I was half expecting a "She Bangs" version as a climax at 3 am but nope, it was all Mambo no.5.

Amazingly, to conclude, even though I smell like a cigaratte bud, dance like Mr Mr 7up Fido Dido and exhausted myself like a sweating dog till 2 am, it was an overwhelming experience with my pals of Eric, Aaron, Xue Fang, Dawn and Wen Jun as it was truly a night to remember for me.

I don't see myself doing this everyday of course, once in three or four weeks perhaps, to distress myself from any problems. Some people might rant that clubbing is essentially about posers and a waste of your bloody time but I just want to comment that the essence is having a good time.

You only live once. Live it well when you're young.

- Benjamin

No comments: