Saturday, February 14, 2004

Sheshas

Only 8 of the DreamD8ties came forth on the proclaimed unluckiest day of the world.

Me, John, Janice, Wendy, Selena, Irfan, Jack and Darryl.

We went to Cafe Samar, a pricey Shisha cafe according to Irfan along Arab Street and to some of us, it was an eye opener.

I never tried a Shisha before, but it is just like smoking a fag, only 10 times milder without all the harmful effects like brain tumour and cardiac failure. You will get the hang of it after a few puffs

I had the double apple flavour and to taste it, you had to to suck all the essence from the core which will be filtered through the water, after which you blow it all out like Mount. Vesivus fart. It was just idyllic to just chat and shi-sha as we did for 4 hours or so.

Chat we did indeed. All 8 of us was in a constant barrage of input to share with everyone, allowing us to share a glimpse of another's exciting life experiences.

The disturbing part was we discussed taboo topics which were rather unnerving to me.

Like a pyschotic movie scene to cannibalism to violent rape scenes to religious practices.

John was the storyteller, he has loads of stories to share and some were pretty eerie for me like the tale of the pyramid mystery discoverer who eventually died mysteriously the day before he wanted to reveal his findings.

Irfan was the nice guy, he exudes nice-ness and apologise profusely for being late. The reason he is a nice guy too because he saved me on my cab fare. = P

Wendy, Selena and Janice were the gossipy ones even though they defended themselves by proclaming it as "a sharing discussion". On the way to Arab street from Bugis, the gals glib and glab like chattering monkeys and were a exchanging "how to get flies off my hair" tips.

Somehow, I had a strange feeling that we were all in a reality show of Survivor. I was the geek, Janice was the flowerpot, Jack the busy guy, Darryl the cool buddy, Selena was the sociable one, John was the one who shared alot, Irfan the nice guy and Wendy the horny one.

It is like criminal profiling where each of us has a particular characteristic that appeals to the youth and hence, we're in this reality show like the organizers picked. us for. I do not know how the rest measure up but meeting up with these individuals with different personalities, it is an experience itself to treasure.

It only came to my realization at 12 midnight that I had a mock interview in the wee morning and I wanted to smoke myself over with a sheesha with bliss and not care about it.

I just can't wait for us to meet up again this Thursday. Yikes!

Before I go, the pictures of the Shesha gathering.

- Benjamin

P.S. For those lazy ones, here are some to wheat your appetite.




For the uneducated, a new age version of a clarinet aka Shesha




Irfan, Jack and Me. Proud to be single.




The tribe of Dreamdates.


No comments: