Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Rejuvenation

Since I was out at school by 10 am today, I decided to have a swim.

Simply put, it was a long time since I swam and the feeling of being the water was just exhilrating because sometimes, you just need to get out of the normal life that you have been regulating towards and just step back and smell the chlorine water.

Being an arrogant ass I am, I swam full 16 laps today. Bite me. Yes, it is uncomparable to what national swimmers go through but it was pretty relaxing and strenuous (yes I know, oxymoronic) as I gritted my teeth and was determined to finish my laps.

A little background thrown in, I'm not really a sporty person and the reason i'm training up is in lieu of the NAPFA test that I am about to take soon so I just wanted to feel energized for the hell that I'm going to go through.

Instead, I didn't feel energized but more rejuvenated. I had initially aimed for 10 laps but I just swam more and more even though I had a leg injury from the past bothering me. I felt like Celine Dion in a KTV bar for 24 hours.

I know. Freaky.

I'm now more determined to gulp more chlorine water and will NEVER procrastinate on my exercises anymore. I have decided to incorporate a daily jog and a swim in my now less busy schedule as school is rounding up and it seems that I can channel more of my timely resources to the physical aspects of my life.

On a sad note though, school is finishing soon and I do not wish to part with it.

On a nervous note, the party is tommorrow and yikes, I seriously do not know what I'm getting myself into.

On a positive note, I smell like chlorine.

- Benjamin

No comments: