Saturday, February 28, 2004

Last day of school

Technically, today was the last day of school.

After a horrid yet entertaining 2 years and 2 months, the school term has finally expired for us guinea pigs of Diploma in Media & Communication students at SP.

Next Monday, I will be interning at an advertising agency as an account executive which I shall not name for privacy issues. I will lightly blog about my experience there but I shall not lift any names in breach of the corporate policy and anyway, it is so unprofessional to do so.

So, after handing in the last assignment which I ran and panted like hell up the SB hill, I managed to beat the clock and submitted the Neuromancer book review (which I read and vomitted blood and hence my lateness) and an analysis of Diffusion of Innovations theory on digital TV.

To sum up, as much as it is a sigh of relief for no more dreadful lectures, sleepy tutorials and rushing project deadlines, there is a part of me that will miss the entertaining lecturers, inquistive tutorial activties and the adrenalin of beating the dot of project submissions.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned somewhere earlier in this blog that I have learned and matured along the time I spent in SP along with my friend's company and lecturers' guidance.

In truth, I will miss the ever trendy yet blur Miss N, spunky P, affable Miss H, subtlely funny F, strict & motherly L, mr know-it-all L, wacky R and endearing Mr A. All of these lecturers have changed my life one way or another as they have taught me valuable lessons along the way.

In addition, I will not miss the limited variety of foodcourt 6 and look forward to what Raffles Place has to offer for the next 3 months.

I will definitely miss SP. Indefinitely.

- Benjamin
P.S. I promised not to mentioned any lecturer's names hence the alphabets.

No comments: