Monday, February 09, 2004

Project Rush

The last project proposal that I will ever complete in my last three years in Singapore Polytechnic.

And I did in usual fashion. Last minute.

Even though we planned out everything on the platter on which section (information) will be swallowed up and regurgitated out on the proposal, it only took until Friday before the first influx of vomit (rephrased and redrafted text) was emailed to me.

Hence, yesterday and this morning AM was torture for me. That is because for the past 16 hours, I have been rewording, reading and reviewing literature about biometrics which can get too technical and all so boring after the first opening paragraph and all you want to do is tune off.

But no, the report we had was quite well fished out where we built the skeleton and we intend to complete it. Felicia came over on Saturday, stayed for 2 hrs and Aaron came over to stay. It was only 5 am before I finally finished it. And I had to wake up at 6.15am to reach school so as to print it.

I woke Aaron up and after I prepared everything, he was still asleep at 7 am. What a dope !

Suprisingly, even though i had only 1 hour of sleep, I was able to be alert for the time I was at school until I reached home at 1 pm before I plonk into my soft coffin in bliss.

What a roller coaster ride since yesterday ! Coupled with the very fact I had just recovered and placed back on the fast track of project stress, is education worth living for ?

We study so hard, only to end up getting a piece of paper and start off at the bottom. I prefer the idea of starting off as an apprenticeship but no no no, the singapore system is all about academics, memory work and theories.

Although it is diverting off to another path now of creative thinking, is it a bit tad too little too late? I'm not slamming the government but everytime you make a move, you are always either late or just behind someone else.

When can we singaporeans, or even our ownselfs, revolutionize and set the bar ?

- Benjamin

No comments: