Thursday, February 05, 2004

Interview

Well, just an hour ago, I was being interviewed to be a dream date.

You must be puzzled. Let me fill you in. 2 months back, I stumble upon a competition called "My Dream Date". It is co-organized by Singtel and Optus (Australian Biggest Telecommunication Provider). It is a blog competition where the public have to vote for you to stay in the competition.

It being a reality show and me a shameless hussy with exhibitionist tendencies, I registered.

Back to the present, I was asked questions like these and my responses were not so good in my opinion. You see, I was selected from among 700 Singaporean contestants and I was 1 out of 21 shortlisted. It will be narrowed down to 10. My chances are slim I tell you after what I went through an hour ago.

You see, I somehow get to this "mode" when I meet strangers who are older and more mature than me. The organizer was asking me questions and although deep inside, I was not composed and frantic to answer, on the exterior, I mustered the most fluent answers I can give. I feel my responses were disorganized, out of place and did not fully answer the question.

I have a bad habit. I always lose my train of thoughts as I always try to push my point or my view towards a certain question until I forgot what the question was.

Question: What is your opinion on sex?
Answer: I think sex exists in many different forms. Mentally and physically. The physical sex as we all know are done by everyone throughout the world and ........ and I strongly feel that protection should be used at all times.

I was not asked this question but I ALWAYS lose what I was initially suppose to answer. I'm afraid next time my potential wife wants me to have babies, the reply would be:

"Babies? Sure, I would like for us to have a kid or two. We can convert the study into a nursery and then paint the whole room ourselves. Won't that be great? I need to remove the computers from the study first of course and I don't want the kids to be electrocuted. Speaking of which, I need to get a laptop .... yadda yadda.

I don't think I have any syndrome or weird speaking disease but next time, anybody ask me a question, please be aware of the following.

I will answer you question, in the first 2 sentences. After which ignore me because I have become totally irrelevant and incoherent to what you were asking. Just keep on nodding your hand as though you agree with me. After which, you ask me another question to throw me off.

Going back to the interview, another reason why I cannot get in is because I think I portrayed myself too arrogantly when I was asked to pitched myself to the viewers out there if I made it to the finals. Then again, it might be taken in as confident.

Argghhh ! I seriously want to participate in this because it looks fun and entertaining, I just don't know whether I survive the 50% cut. Only time will tell. 7 pm Friday. If I don't get in, I wish all the best to my buddy, Wendy, who is confident of her place in it already.

I sound so pessimistic about my chances. I want to downplay myself because if I don't get in, at least I already knew I gave up long ago. I'm a pyscho. Bite me. = P

- Benjamin

No comments: