Friday, February 13, 2004

Shopping for a cause

Well, after knowing where I was placed at my internship, I got down to the nitty and gritty.

I investigated and researched on the corporate culture and their management style to prep myself on what to expect next.

I shall not name my internship for reasons of their privacy.

So, I went shopping for corporate clothes. Having a decent stash of few long-sleeved shirts and one black pants, it wouldn't last me and make a "decent" impression if I am going to last for 3 months without being scorned on.

An advertising executive has to be vibrant and adaptable, assess the situation and make strategic moves. My strategy is to learn as much as possible from my internship and make an impression. I hope to stay on after my 3 months until I get called up by the army but in order to do that, there was a need for vamping up my wardrobe.

Shopping was the natural order of the day. After collecting my phone (a 3650), I went to Marina Square and Suntec. The Metro sales opened the floodgates of my wallet as the prices are really jaw-breaking and G2000 shirts were all so prim and proper and even though my bank account is next to depletion, it is an investment well spent.

Barely 5 hours of pre-dawn clubbing, it was 5 hours of frantic shopping of pre-evening shopping. My legs are surely getting the work out it needs in preperation for the army.

What a sinful day !

- Benjamin

No comments: