Sunday, February 08, 2004

Perks

Still slight sick, with a blocked nose, should recover by tonight unless some pigeon at my window passes me some deadly flu.

Before I go into detail the Singtel competition that I have entered, let me backtracked you a few days back.

I was sick but I had to go down to my school to report on the Courses and Careers Fair. It is an event where the school strips naked and begs for students to explore them and eventually choose them as their first choice.

SP did a fantastic job of stripping. We had the convention centre area, we had a student lifestyle festival, we had the school of busines tours, we had the innovex, we had to concourse and we had so many things for them to do and all of these prospective students were in awe.

I was interviewing some of them and some went to Ngee Ann Poly and Nanyang Poly. Note, I did not fabricate this. It was all entriely the students words.

"There were no lecturers at NP to answer any questions. All they did was throw brochures in front of my face"
"The students in NP were not helpful. Even though there was a CCF going on, they did not guide me the correct way and it was a dud event when I came."

End of quotes. This is just true testimony how SP takes care of their students. EVERYONE i interviewed were more than pleased that lecturers and staff were there to handle all their queries like job opportunities, cut-off points and student-lecturer relationships. I profess, I made the right choice coming here.

Okay back to the Singtel competition. DreamD8
It is reality - blog competition where the public votes and see how good you are as a dream date.
No prizes to those I know where I will end up. I'm too young and the only thing self-promoting is my personality, which isn't much.

Anyway, I'm in it for fun and hope to meet new people. Networking is the key world. I know I won't go anywhere near the prize money which is like S$8,000. The perks of it all are the fringe benefits that you get from joining such a sponsored competition.

In my hands right now is a webcam, a free phone line, free modem and a free dial-up line. Next week, I would be getting a MMS enable phoned. All these are fully sponsored of course but I have to return them in like 3 or 4 months later. I already hear the "Chey!!!" from your side of the computer. But you must admit, these goodies are quite drool-able.

Another part worth mentioning is the Survivor part of this show where the person with the lowest votes will get the boot off the temptation island only filled with measely $8,000. All the other 19 contestants along with me looks game for fun. All of them looks like a cheery bunch. You can see them all on Feburary 14th. DreamD8

Was chatting online with some of the partipants on MSN messenger. Found out that most of us live in east and some are virgoes. Only time will tell what might happen to us next since they say there will be a host, Beatrice Chia, to stir up the pot a bit. For publicity purposes of course.

- Benjamin

No comments: