Saturday, February 21, 2004

Rogue

Rewind to a few days back when it was the launch party.

It was nerve-wrecking yet exciting to be one of the 20 finalists like the American Idol without the adulation.

Pictures of Rogue party

Being in the spotlight, instead of our singing talents, our personality and our looks were showcased to maximum effect to appeal for people to vote for us.

Like I've said earlier, I count my blessings that I'm in it and I just want to gather as much friends from this experience as far as possible. I don't give a damn about the money.

Friendships are priceless.

Yeah, some people say it might be dumb to even consider not winning or giving some challenge to the top contenders but realistically, I know the standards and all I have to reply to that is to give my very best and blog what the real Me.

Seriously, this game is not about backstabbing or political, it is just how well you can reach to your niche, your crowd and your target audience.

With a diverse field out there, who knows what it is based on. If you do not like the mole on my face, you choose not to vote for me. If you think i'm arrogant, you choose to "voodoo" me.

In any case, the criteria that any person is basing on is not like the American idol where it is simply about image, talent and charisma. It also happens to be based on how each individual out there thinks about this blogger writes, express him/herself and his portrayal.

Seriously. If anybody is to narrow it down, I propose it to be a "my dream date" list, where a person has the makings of someone you see as a potential date you can bring home to see your mother or to go clubbing with.

Either case, maybe then it is fair to say the least.

On another note, every of the other 19 finalists has a great personality and it is still anybody's game. I also want to present the gratitiude to my DMC coursemates who came down to support me and Wendy.

- Benjamin

No comments: