Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Second Gear

Well, limbo is gone and have shifted the gearstick.

Once again, the busy schedule starts piling in from all directions. Project deadlines are suddenly not around the corners anymore but creeping and chasing you like a second shadow. Tutorial assignments are in check and they are due for inspection. Ah, the life of a 3rd year.

Well, it is barely only 4 weeks before I am rid of the school where we spent more than 2.5 years in.

I don't loathe the school really. In fact, I like the idea of going to school. Call me a geek, nerd, whatever. It has been an enriching experience no matter how insignificant it is I have to travel 2 hours to reach there for an hour lecture only to find out that it is cancelled.

I'll miss it frankly, all the hectic life and you know that there is always a 2 month holiday ahead. You will never be afraid to fail because there is always make-up CAs and sub-paper to back you up. All that security will vanish once I leave this humble abode at Dover. School of Business has always been a second home to me.

Imagine all the friends that I will never ever get to see again. People that I have met along the way and will never really have a sincere farewell. Just an adrupt abscene in their life, never to be seen again and down the road 2 years from now, once familiar faces will be a forgotten figure.

Ahhh, the memories. Not to be illusioned by the future but for the present at the moment, I got a Pes 'B' grading so that means I can do National Service and not be banished to do clerical work. It is 2.5 years ahead in army, i don't want to waste it by doing nothing.

The anticipation of going to Army is similar to when I was going to Polytechnic. The Poly's openhouse is like the Army's CMPB brainwash centre, promoting how good it is, and I truly believed I was brainwashed by both these entities and everytime I try to remember, I pee in my pants so yes, I believe in the good of Poly and Army.

Another door closing in this chapter of my life soon and another is about to open. More stories, more whinings and more insights. I should actually write this later when I have finish my internship but hell, I wanna write it now. It just put things more into perspective as I can ponder on the past, present and future.

I believe in the good of Poly and Army. I believe in the good of Poly and Army.

- Benjamin

P.S. I almost peed while writing this post. Ironically, the last two posts have been with regards to golden showers. I blame the downpouring showers of the weather. I believe in the good of Poly and Army.

No comments: