Sunday, January 18, 2004

Meat

I have the infamous chicken flu. Nope, I'm not suffering from any disease but it seems that I went on a mad dash craze on meat today.

Lunch was a fairly simple meal of having meat balls at Ikea, before proceeding to Lau Pat Sat for $30 worth of Satay and then finally to Cafe Cartel where I eat three quarters of the breaded chicken.

I'm bloated with meat dna. I'm sure I have put on at least 500 grams through todays ordeal.

Well, something interesting happened today. As I was covering the story about SP students at Lau Pa Sat doing some entreprenurial selling at "The Mission" selling satay, I took photos with the two funniest TV personalities.




Sharon escaped her satay jaga duties to be with me




The oil on her face superglued me for this shot




We call upon the gods of satay to bless thy everyone


They were very friendly and so was Irene Ang even though I did not had a chance to take a photo with her. Celebrities are indeed celebrities, they had to busy themselves appeasing agitated customers who queued for an hour to only end up not being entitled for their abalone, they had to curfew some fans to sign their autographs, they had to slave over the hot grill and serve overpriced satays AND they had to fend off competition who were trying to grab their customers from Jeff Wang and Sharon Au duo.

It was a glib show to watch and I truly enjoyed myself watching the debacle of wit and humour being displayed. I betrayed SP though as I faltered over to the NYP to get their satay with their attactive goodie bag and lucky draw chances. I like lucky draws. At least I know i stand a chance.

Anyway, I felt I had a good deal out of it and there was NO queue after all. I guess a can of abalone can really shut off the star power of "A" list Sharon Au. Oh well. I got interviewed on TV why I became a betrayer and all I could do was feigning hunger. So you could probably see me on TV like 10 secs. Ha ha.

Well, I have loads of articles to write. I love to write stuff, just hate to refine it. One of my editors claims that everybody who says they like to write actually do not like to write at all because they are forced to write. He belives nobody likes to write. I defended with my own point of view using me as a personal opinion that I love to write, spontaneous writing especially where I do not aim to write to please an audience like my blog for example. I just write whatever my mood feels like.

I further reiterated my point that everyone is an artist and that people express their feelings or thoughts through writing or even singing in the bathroom. It is just a different form of expression and each way they express themselves is individualistic and unique to their own style. Therefore, you cannot comprehend why a person would sing awfully in the toilet and people also cannot understand why I chose to write this article in my own manner.

Writing is an art. So is whining, photocopying your butt and digging your nose.

Your style. Your art. That's reality.

- Benjamin

No comments: