Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Chalet

First things first, Happy Birthday to Felicia, my classmate and gal buddy who is there to hear me whine and stop me when I get too intellectually crappy for her.

Last Sunday, went over to Felicia's chalet, it was her 21st birthday party and everyone she knew I was there. I was like the only person not connected to her groups of friends aka Friendster and I mostly had to entertain myself with whoever was there initially which was Aaron.

I was the friendly one because I tried to interact with her different group of friends but you know how acquaintances are, a few questions and a yes and a no, the conversation gets awkward. That's how chalet parties are when someone invites different groups of people to congregate for a reason and when two cliques don't know one another, there will be like some perimeter when cliques will acknowledge invisibly and just keep to themselves.

In the end, I tried my best to chat but as usual, ended up at the BBQ pit. I do not declare myself an expert at fanning or cooking food but everytime I end up at the pit, the person cooking before me always complain and whine that they don't know how to cook corn/chicken/satay, especially they don't know when it is "okay" to eat.

For me, cooked means overcooking the food until something black appears. That is an okay sign of the food, "Okay, i'm ready to give some people bad stomachache." That is why I avoid BBQ food.

I barely had hours to sleep as I slept at 4 am on Sunday and woke up at 7 to rush for school, felt proud of this self-determination that I did not want to skip lessons no matter how unimportant they are. Well, it order to overcome this no-skipping rule, I had tortured my body that had earlier played vigouros badminton to my body becoming depleted because it did not rest well.

I ached. Thus, I didn't blog as I spend my whole day yesterday, sleeping in wonderland.

Something weird happened on Sunday too. Out of no reason, I went to gamble on Soccer. I'm not those gambling fanatics on soccer but I occassionally play mahjong for fun. As I'm anti-Manchester united and an avid Arsenal fan, I bought that Arsenal will win Aston Villa. My odds were doubtful as Arsenal was playing away and Aston Villa was in good form at home.

I did not know at the score at all as being at a chalet on Sunday, you are so distanced from any newspaper, internet or even TV news. With that 3 hours of sleep, I dreamt of something weird but I could recall that Arsenal won 2-0. It was freaky that I was dreaming of soccer because I never do and truth to behold, when I picked up the New Paper on Monday noon, the scoreline was REALLY 2-0. Freaky !

I don't consider myself a pyschic though. If you cannot dream about the future, you ain't a pyschic because all your mind is changing your frequency to tune yourself to radio waves. Like me, my brain changes frequency to accept radio waves.

- Benjamin

P.S. By the way, I won the soccer bet. Wasn't much but was just a test of luck and estimation on strength of the teams. Kept playing gin (a card game) with Aaron, and kept winning. Haha. Photos of the chalet below.




My very close classmate of mine, Zalinah and in her hand, the book of answers




Felicia there in black, Aaron in the front, Azlina on the far right. All classmates of mine.

No comments: