Sunday, January 18, 2004

My Brother

I just had to dedicate a post to my brother.

Mark is 6 years older than me, my only sibling and a tease to boot. He did not fare well in the academic field but he was a hardworking fella with those strong friendship ethics and that is why he was a prominent figure wherever he worked.

My relationship with his has been cordial. Since young, I did not spend much time with him as he was one of those few pioneer ah bengs. Dyed hair, sharp combs, late night homecomings and part time job hopper, he has seen much of the dark side of society by the age of 18.

Luckily, he did not fall into the entrapment of secret societies but he was bold and dare to try new things like dying his hair blue just before new year and my mother disapprove it as she was a traditionalist back then. That was like in 1996 or so.

My brother was a big flirt. He has a way with girls and can bring like 2 different girls home every week. I will not go to what explicit details back then as my memory is still vague because all of this was like in the late 90s where I was busy doing secondary 2 streaming.

At present, he is engaged to a wonderful eccentric gal, who is known as my sister in law. Mark and her have a playful relationship and they loved one another. They are already married under the eyes of the law last year May but will only get married this November because both of our families had a grandparent passing away. Note: Need to find a girl to bring to the wedding dinner. Need galfriend by then or die because of embarrassement.

Back in his ah beng days, he was defiant, rude and threaten to leave home to my parents. He has changed for the better now and brings my parents out to dinner now and then and they have a close knit relationship now. He also treats me better now, more concerned about what I do like getting my driving license.

After our badminton lunch, I told him about my situation of a makeshift foldable bed and a lack of tall mirror in my room. He was gladly willing to sponsor my expenditure at Ikea and yes, I love him for being my financial supporter and a great brother all together.

My brother, Mark. I know you will never get to see this but you are the best brother I ever had. (not because you are my only elder brother).

- Benjamin

P.S. I never get mushy over this family stuff. Don't know what overwhelm me to write this stuff.

And also before I forget, a rare picture of my family with my brother in it.




I had a bad feeling that I was about to be mutilated by the koalas

No comments: