Monday, January 26, 2004

Limbo

After the festive period of 4 days, the joy lingers around you and like you are in limbo between happiness and the next munch of CNY goodies and wham, Monday hits you and suddenly, you wake up from a great dream into a nightmarish world.

Before I go into details, let me rewind.

Last Saturday, I did my SATs. It has been raining dog, cats and mice and it seems that the rain just wouldn't even spare midgets like me. Having had to reach Expo at 8 am in the wee morning, I did my last minute studies of the format the night before which I had to entertain guests aka my cousins and my preperation is like going out in the rain with only wellington boots naked.

Pigs. Yup, i felt like a wet pig. At the expo, 2500 students crammed into the exhibition hall to do a mind boggling test. What made matters worst was many administration problems as this was the first time SATs is taking on a large scale and it only officially started at 11 am. 3 freaking hours wasted seating and waiting.

Worst thing was the weather. Even though it was freezing inside, it was no respite as there was no heater and everyone was shivering and grabbing themselves to gather warmth. Luckily, I brought a jacket. Unluckily, I did not bring tissue because my jacket did not gather enough warmth as I expected because my nose kept dripping like a tap on the test paper. Yes, have your vivid imagination. Remember not too vivid or you will puke on your keyboard.

It was ONLY finally done at 2 pm. My stomach was growling, my body temperature was declining, my head was spinning and I know for certain that the English section for SATs is pretty screwed.

Sigh, I might be revisiting this pig hell hole again only I think hell is better at least I can burn to death than freeze.

So after the SATs, I was relatively on a limbo, hanging by the thread of laziness and my backbone was as slithery as the rattlesnake, refusing to move, hibernating from the horrid climate out there as it continued pouring on even as we speak till today.

God must be angry even though I don't believe in God but I think that the clouds have been storing too much evaporation and finally think it is time to urinate.

I miss the sun. Bring it back to me bonnie, or I make sure I will flood you with my urine.

- Benjamin

No comments: