Thursday, January 08, 2004

Books

Back in school and lovin' it.

Back to the churning on research projects and group meetings.

I love to do project work. It is always in the initial stages that I get all excited and hyped up and fervently searching for information in the library or on the worldwide web. I still don't know what keeps me going but one thing for sure, I will lose steam and lose interest in it and finally, want to wrap up a project as soon as possible.

With 2 modules with 2 months to clear, my timetable is relatively unpacked leaving me with a 3 day holiday. I could either study for my SATs that I will be having an examination for 24th January which I aim for a 1400 score at least or I could either start out strong on my projects and lay the groundwork before I get disinterested.

In any case, it just goes back to my personality of being occupied or in my terms, "useful". With me having no love life to tie me down or family problems to hold me back, you could see i'm the bachelor I am, living the life I want. Some people call me pyschotic for taking up so much stuff when you know that I'm in the quicksand but somehow with me being stuck in the quicksand, I get to learn something new everytime and although I don't see the benefits of some things I do, I just have a gut feeling that it is a great experience that I have learnt.

On a departing note, I am reading Dilbert - The Joy of Work to relax as it is a guide to finding happiness at the expense of your Co-workers. I also have 1 book on HTML tips & techniques for my blog, 2 advertsing novels detailing about branding and ad campaigns, 4 books about professional preperation to do my research on, 1 book about life as an asian student adapting to australian university life, 1 DVD about a comedy movie on the journalism world and about 150 pages of SATs that has 3500 words to revise accompanied by 16 chapters of maths to review and 3 stacks of SAT practice paper. My life is such a thrill.




I wasn't kidding


On the contrary, i DO read them.

- Benjamin

P.S. Benjamin has a tendency to return books late with cobwebs, librarians have a memorandum for a shoot-and-kill when they spot him. Benjamin does pay his fines early though but he fears the infra-red scanner that the librarian threatens to flash on him if he ever returns his books late again.

No comments: