Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Jaded

Two days of school. Two days of slacking.

I won't go into further details of the 1st 2 days as everyone knows that it is always a slackening period where students readjust back from vacation mode to using-their-brains mode.

I haven't shut off my brains since my vacation last July. I just like being busy and like being kept occupied. If i'm bored, it means i'm useless and hence, my search to do something. Today, I sorted my clothes and iron my stuff. Just feeling accomplished of what I have done as I normally don't help around with the housework. My mother was pleasantly suprised when I was hogging the ironing board when she returned home.

I have a passion for reality shows and I love all sorts of twists and turns it takes to suprise the contestants. With no twists and turns in my life, there is no spontanity that really makes life what it is. Exciting.

Maybe i'm jaded. But a student life is pretty boring after all. What can a student do? Shopping, chit-chat with friends, bowling, mahjong, watch a movie, study, reading, sports. This is practically the scope of what a normal student does. As an adult, you have more privileges like going to a country club, going overseas or go clubbing.

So what if you have tee off at all the courses, went to visit every wonder of the world, flirted with every gal there is. What is there left ? Start a family ? I guess so. That's why people get married as they move on to the next phase of their life as they are already jaded of what they have already done. Getting married is a practical move after jadedness in life.

After which, you grow old, you get grandchildren and you get placed in an old folks home. Can anyone tell me what is the excitment that life promises us then? Is life really worth living since we get so many troubles from every aspect of our lives. Stress from a distraught home, a backstabbing office atmosphere and credit card companies chasing you. No wonder people are suicidal. They see no hope in life. Just parangs and pig bloods at their door step.

This sounds so repressive but it is the truth after all. Maybe life is living through all this activities with your loved ones and all the people that meet in your life. Experience the joy, the sorrow and the humour of what life revolves around.

Life is a path waiting to be travelled by the unique individual, through the trials and tribunals, one can only appreciate life when they are dying. This is why life flashes by before you die.

- Benjamin

P.S. Benjamin is high on cereal and Yoshinoya take-away food. Please, when you see him, slap the back of his head to wake him up from his morbid existence.

No comments: