Sunday, January 04, 2004

Dating

Went shopping today with my buddy Ephraim, resisted the temptation of being sucked into the vortex of consumerism but I eventually succumb to the great marketing prowess of the SALE signs and grabbed two tops to sum up my days worth of shopping. Was very itchy hands though but my right hand slapped my left hand the moment it was heading for the wallent and hence my dropped clothes at the cashier.

Today made me realise something, shopping is good if you have some alongside. To chat, comment or even criticise, I love companionship whenever I have shopping. On a side note, mahjong was cancelled twice as I cannot seem to get enough people to play. Must enlarge my network. I just love the thrill of touching those tiles.

Topic of the day: The dating scene

If you have a crush on someone, the most likely place you would bring that person (if you're a guy) to would most likely be dinner and movies. That is probably the most common date that would likely happen. That's totally passe to me.

If I ever go out on a date with a gal, I would firstly avoid a place with crowds. Not that I want to do anything funny but you face less tension when there is less tendency for your eyes to roam and hence, it will heighten my own uncomfortableness if I do not know the gal very well.

I would most likely bring the gal cycling at East Coast Park on a first date as cheesy as it might sound. Renting a twin bicycle, it would be ideal as it is a healthy date and you get to spend more time with your date. We would rest on a grass patch and have a chat after which, we would most likely have dinner. That would be my ideal date.

Now, to you all, it might seem boring and uncreative but it is a start and furthermore, we get to know one another better than some cheesy plot showing on the screen.

People think it is very easy for a guy like me to get dates, going up to a girl, asking her number, after which calling her and asking her out on a date. Chances are that she is already attached or the worst situation is that she is not interested you. Either way, rejection is the main deterrent for why I don't approach girls on the street just like that. By shocking somebody of some stranger wanting to know you better, some girls will be scared stiff out of their minds.

Dating is like two individuals with tentative thoughts. One is thinking about the other whether the other feels any affection towards the other. Through dating, they are ascertaining one another's chemistry for the other.

I say skip that melodrama, dating can last up to more than 3 months and it will cause pain and suffering when one finally makes the daring approach of asking the other (usually the guy) and ends up rejected. As I was saying, get into the relationship of knowing one another immediately and skip the hit-and-runs where the awkward-knowing-one-another sessions and in a matter of days, you will know whether you hit the jackpot of a potential blooming relationship.

- Benjamin

No comments: