Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Whoopee!

Before you thought that was an shout of exhilaration for the death of Monday blues, you were HALF right !

That's because I had the suckiest Monday at work EVER.

Coming in to work on Monday is like igniting an engine to start purring after a long hiatus from burning tar.

The jobs that came in suddenly were outrageous, Client just drop an email and says

"URGENT ADS TO BE OUT!"

A soft and subtle email headline to destroy my entire day.

It was half a day gone and 4 ads were due on Tuesday morning.

Pretty sucky deadlines because the procedure is to write a Creative brief, send it off to Traffic to get a quotation while the Creative starts work on the Ad.

Getting costing for approval from client, they will then revert on the Visual that the Creative has finished and after umpteen changes, they will then only start on FA (Final Artwork) where high resolution images are used.

After which, we get a sign-off and we ET (electronic transmission) over to the media owner. Not forgetting I have to plead the Media department to call for media bookings.

As I'm also involved in the ASEAN campaign of my client, I have to also get translation for Bahasa Melayu before proceeding to FA.

That's the entire ad process above done in 1.5 days and it's practically impossible to breathe since you have to guide this from start to finish.

Not forgetting that there are other preceding jobs like clearing invoice of earlier jobs with Finance and that I have 2 more clients that I'm assisting with.

Okay, it seems that I have loads of balls to juggle and I've just learned that being an account executive means that you have DOZENS of things to know and remember. You have to be on your toes !

With the entire process squeezed into one day, the only way of de-stressing is through blogging. The electric current streaming through my fingertips at the touch of the keyboard has an accupuncturic effect.

The only redeeming thing on Monday was when I reach home.

The comforts of a home that welcome my aching knees and shoulders and I only came face to face with the news that my final poly semester results were OUT !

ARGH ! SO FAST ! - As I opened the envelope, I trembled because I knew I placed lots of effort for my last semester.

And I reap my rewards!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M DAMN HAPPY !

I had 2 A's (Internship & New Communication Technologies) and a distinction (Professional Preparation).

I smiled like a Chesire cat for the entire night because I'm proud (or you could even say arrogant) of my results.

This good news supersedes 10 hours of bad office work.

What more can I ask? Maybe news that our government has decided to reduce our military sentence from 2.5 years to 1 year.

Hopeful,
Benjamin

No comments: