Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The bright light

A quick blogpost before I muddle deep into work.

When you're advertising, you're expected to swim through lots of shit all through the night. That's why advertising executives have no life.

From 9-5pm, I had little or no work on my desk, as Client is busy attending to other stuff.

From 5pm, onwards, they torture the rest of my evening by giving me last minute work.

I absofuckingloutely hate that.

Reason: I work from 9-6pm; not beyond that. Especially not beyond hours that I don't get paid overtime. Correction. I'm not EVEN paid for overtime.

It's one more month to go and I EXPECT to see my cheque today. Cashflow has been tight lately and being in the workforce made me see the light of a few things.

A. I'm better off studying
B. I'm better off unemployed
C. I'm better off in the army

On the bright side.

A. I get experience
B. I get money
C. I like soaking in the exuberance of being in the CBD area with all that hustle and bustle

Everyone needs to head to the workforce one day soon. I jumped into the pool TOO quickly. I still have my youth to celebrate =)

I need a break. BADLY. Enough of the bureaucratic work flow from Client to Agency.
It's a Wednesday and I want it to be OVER. NOW.

Cubicle-d Work-ed Slave,
Benjamin

No comments: