Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Happy Birthday June!

A Vesak day stuck in the midst of the working week. What a pleasure.

Needed a break from those strangling deadlines and what better way to spend it with friends.

Tuesday night = Mahjong night where I fanatically played like a mad man as my bad luck drove me insane with the crazy tiles I was drawing. In the end, it came to a stalemate for me as I managed to recuperate =)

Barely 3 hours of sleep later, I woke up to an anxiety attack of missing a GREAT sale at Expo. The Metro sale where I wanted to go get some decents shirts to wear as an a/e.

A bit embarrassing lah but I only have lik 6-8 shirts that I rotate every week and a bit paiseh when you think that people see you no up wearing the same attire everyday.

Anyway, the sale SUCK big time because of the QUEUE to park the frigging car and the sales item were still the SAME items that was at the Marina Square sale.

Pretty much NOTHING to buy but just Metro clearing old stock. After which, I headed off to assist my fren's bro in tuitioning him English.

Yes, Ben is now a part-time tuition teacher. Before you slam my credentials, I think I'm pretty decent to educate the primary four standard for this matter.

I think the best part of this post is the night activity which I just came back from.

Coursemates whom I'm closed to congregrated to celebrate June's birthday. (Photos pending.... please be patient).

Me, Ivan, Clara, Eric, Wendy and June. Feels like a triple date outing. We talked cock, sing song and rock the steamboat at Bugis which was fairly cheap but it isn't like a 5-star chinese gourmet when everytime we had a request to the "Auntie", she would show a scornful face.

We teased, we laughed and we mocked. Gossip and banter. What a great way to spend Vesak day. We also pondered and deliberated abit regarding our futures.

Will we ever stay in contact? How life would be different when the guys head to Army? What would become of myself? What would life be then?

A bit saddening that reality has finally bite us back as we head off to different roads. The gals are still unwary of what they would like to see come ahead. The guys (me) will just suffer in silence under military pressure.

All that said and done, we took neoprints which made us all break into laughter as we "photoshoped" ourselves and it was DAMN amusing.

What a group of us would be if we stayed like this forever.

Me, Ivan, Clara, June, Wendy and Eric.

Sigh....
Benjamin

No comments: