Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Delirious n Cynical

With a tad boring weekend past, the only delirious event was resting at home.

When news broke yesterday that National Service is reduced, I was naturally delirious, with the fact that I don't need to waste my time anymore when inducted onto boring jobs like counting the number of axles on a tank.

Downloading Alias finale, The OC premiere episodes and Smallville series 3 is what makes up most of my life now.

I rather enjoy ALL of them, coupled with the fact there is no irritating Singapore ads in between and my laptop as my sole companion, I can watch it anywhere I want, when I want.

"I sound like an ad already...."

I foresee myself as a lifeless soul with no significant events happening to that spirit for like the next 4 years. Maybe once in a while, there is something interesting like 4 weddings or a funeral to attend.

1 week more before I earned my well-deserved pay. Work sucks when you've stopped learning and started slogging.

I've adopted the policy of leaving at 20 minutes after 6, as I'm not even paid overtime. Who wants to work till 9 anyway?

No wonder Account Executives are rumoured to be slaves and have no life of their own. At least I have a life watching downloaded American teen mini series to reflect how uplifting their lives can be and mine isn't.

Isn't it a wonderful world we live in?

Self-mocker and cynical
Benjamin

No comments: