Friday, June 11, 2004

Absolutely shocking

What the hell?

Coming in to work this Friday, I was all bright and dandy. Then, my new colleague came up to me and said:"Hey, do you know about that ?"

Me:"About what? Oh the sudden change of menu text?"
She:"No.... Don't you know?"
Me:"About what?"
She:"J, he ...!"

Barely before she finished her sentence, A, my production manager was bringing this new guy around, who just joined our Traffic department. I was then wondering, now the Traffic department has the manpower of 3.

After A and the new guy was far away from conversational distance, my colleague spoke again. "J has left."

Now, you must be thinking. Who's J?

Well, J is the company's traffic production executive who manages work flow and he and me have an okay working relationship.

The fuckingloutely shocking issue was he left adruptly. Apparently, after digging around(I'm an office slut/biatch/gossip), reason was he was underperforming.

Hmmm... you can understand if you are underperforming if you have been working barely a few months and they sack you but J has been working like close to 6/7 years here.

I'm shocked. Horrified. Terrified. of the management here.

At least he should get 3 months pay in lieu for his adrupt departure.

But still, (slaps myself) at least tell us that you are leaving.

Just as of yesterday, I approached him to send him a progressive brief to brief him on details of the ongoing job but he revert me to A.

I was thinking, he looks sickly. In fact, he had a mortified expression. He left work early so I presume he went to the doctor.

Never did I know he was leaving the company. I could have said something. The working world is real tough.

You never know when you have to go. Much less, you are told that you are underperfoming.

Blogging hard at work so that I won't underperform,
Benjamin

Update (10.47am): Apparently, J was marked down for a rather long time, our finance head has been seen interviewing the new guy for the last 2 weeks. Source: Receptionist. Comment: I'm such a gossip whore.

No comments: