Monday, June 21, 2004

Immature Monday

With school out and army in, friends fade into oblivion as the transitional stage of me working for my own upkeep has recently turned me into a boring fella.

9am - 9pm, cooped inside the work cage with no life on weekdays and weekends spent recuperating, it's easily summarise-able on how low life my life has suddenly become.

1 more month to suffer through it all = ) glee

Anyway, back to low life me.

My life has turned to a confused hazy crystal ball, stuck in limbo where you don't know what to expect next and you just "hang in there".

It's hard to spend time with friends when most of your friends are already in heaven (Australia studying) or in hell (in Tekong slogging) or in a similar limbo like me.

I'm just waiting for the cash cow to flow, my pay day is due anytime later this week.

A brief incident on what happened on the MRT hours ago.

A Chinese lady in her late 30s was on the train sitting down. As usual it was the office hour and it was packed like lap cheongs on sale on Chinese New Year.

There was this Indian lady who decided to squeeze and step into the boundaries of the seated lady's "space".

A scuffle of words broke out. You know how awkward it is if you made "noise" over such minor things but the quabbling duo went on yakking on "how you step my foot" and the other argued with "it's an accident".

It came to an awkward silence 3 stations later with the seated Chinese lady folding her arms with fireballs in her eyes and fumes emitting out of her nostrils.

The Indian lady then went to "talk" to the lady beside her and standing next to her, all seems not related but they were all Indians.

At City Hall, both of the other 2 Indian ladies alighted except for the two quabbling duo and with more space the Indian lady went to stand at the exit, obviously heading for Raffles Place.

The Chinese lady used her handphone and called whatever and MAKE A BIG FUSS on how her "space" was violated and how she got fucking cornered with people of that "kind".

End of story.

Recalling the immaturish incident of ladies twice my age, it was a little amusement to tide along my monday misery.

Being as a multi-racial country we are, the argument standpoint changed from space violation to racial discrimination.

How sad is that. Such a minor incident after all. "Sorry" or "Excuse Me" is enough.

Fine, you may argue I do not fully understand the crux of the incident but I do understand one thing.

It's a Monday and everybody is on the edge. As accidentally if we scratch someone, be nice and apologize like I will, who knows, I will screw you over next time by slapping you with a free tabloid or slam my laptop bag on your toes.

Mondays. Bah!

Your friendly commuter,
Benjamin

No comments: