Thursday, May 27, 2004

A will-get list

Unlike people who have wishlist which will never come true, I have compiled a will-get list which I'm gonna get just for meself before I shave my head (army).

The list of items are as follows:

1. CD player
The reason why I'm so backdated and still using the operating machine of a disc is because the regulations of the military state that Mp3 players are not allowed.

Hence, I'm not getting an iPod or an iRiver. I have something in mind which is the Nike-Philips ACT400 player which you can jog and run without the music going haywire.



I don't know how much it costs but I place a rough estimation of about $220.

2. Black pants

I'm still going to work for another 51 days in total, I need a decent pants as apparently, a panel of my coursemates whom I met up at our post internship seminar deemed my pants as "shiny pants". Well, it could be worse. At least they are not Simon Cowell who has no sense at all much less any dress sense.

I would most probably head to Zara or Dockers to get it. I need a good lasting pair.

Estimated cost: $90

3. Jeans

Apparently, all my jeans are pretty tacky and outdated and I really need a really really good pair of jeans that can last. As in, look funky enough for me to wear it. Somehow, I really have a high taste in how the cutting and design my jeans are and I am willing to splurge good money if it looks really really good. Give me suggestions if you have any.

Estimated cost: $150 max.

4. Geeky plastic specatacles

I need these plastic specs as I can't wear my Oakleys to camp. I don't wish to look like some rich brat. Anyway, getting a cheapo specs would be good and I would have a new look of being geeky, hairless and brainless. Such a good combo!

Estimated cost: $80 ~

5. Contact lenses

My dailies are almost depleted and I need to get them if I'm going out on a hot date. I have two weddings to attend and I need to look decent.

Estimated cost: $60 for a box.

These are my top 5 ranked items.

They are more of a NEED than a WANT and I WILL get them WHEN I get my freaking pay, which will be in a month's time....

Until then, I have to make do, and pretend to listen to imaginary music playing and go blind with speccies to look good,

The pain of vanity. The cost of living like a geek.

Penniless,
Broke,
Until my salary comes in,
Benjamin

No comments: