Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Enlistment and Employement

Life has rather stop short of interesting lately. Work takes up half of my day, no wonder everyone dreads work.

But work is what keeps our tummies full, but with my measly pay, it's neither full nor empty, just unsatisfied.

Not that I'm craving for more, my STOOPID enlistment letter has yet to find my address or it is lost in transition and is making its way back from Kenya or the Government decides that it's time to play an April's Fool joke on one of their unlucky citizens.

********** 3 hours later.....************

I received my enlistment letter. Technically.

I went to check my status online and I was expecting the nothing out but to my suprise, the place and time appeared.

First, I was dumbfounded. Then, I was damn happy because at least I know I'm going in early. Finally ...

This means that my stay here in the ad agency will be for an extension of roughly 2 months before I head off and camouflage among the wild grass.

In addition, the MD has heard news of me staying and is awaiting my move to approach him to ask him to stay on.

I'm refraining from approaching him as it's lunch already and I don't think he would like me to disturb his lunch hours and I don't even know what salary should I be seeking and what if he conducts a mock interview, I'll just freeze because he has a reputation which is rather imposing and one BOOM from him will seal my doom.

If things don't go well, it means my internship grade will be deeply affected.

I love my work. Even though I complain about it. As much as I dread it, work is like the essence of my life now.

Call me a loser, it revolves shuttling between clients and my creative team. Begging , writing and apologizing, that's the whole process of being an advertising executive.

Only now, I'm a August 16th BMT trainee. Before that, I'm a advertising corporate biatch.

Woooooohooooooooooo.

- Benjamin

No comments: