Sunday, May 09, 2004

Bad Luck

Yesterday (Saturday), it was a misfortune day for me.

Nothing went right for me. Technically NUFFIN.

I lost terribly in mahjong (I never lose so that badly before ...), I bought bad seats for a fantastic movie , I lost my EZlink card cum Coin pouch, I was left hanging awaiting for a friend and I almost thought my handphone was missing.

Great day huh ?

The thing that really hurt me most was my loss of the EZlink card.

You see, I never lose anything. I made a mental note since I lost my house keys like 5 years back that I'll never ever lose anything. I've kept to that record until yesterday.

It wasn't the loss of $20 worth of credit money but the action of losing something which I felt responsible for. ARGH !

Curse that bugger who took my EZlink card. If you find it, please return it to my school at least ... (only way of returning it) ...

All the bad happenings aside, Van Helsing was a great movie !

Loved the action , the suspence and the amazing storyline although it suspends you to unbelivability at some times the lengths they go to stretch the plot to integrate all the fictional characters.

Swoon at Kate Beckingdale at her gypsy outfit.

The after activities was equally amazing too. I didn't know night cycling was that fun.

Even though I had a relatively long day of mahjong sadness and a strained neck, the breeze of the night was calming although it was pretty hot and my armpits were getting an itch from the humidity.

Eric and Ivan went along with me as we cycled around Tampines and mr ERIC made us wait very long as he went over to a gal's house and talked to her non-stop.

Me and Ivan waited impatiently as we cursed him to infinity on how he abandon his friends for love. (Interesting blog topic for another time).

But the highlight of the day was when we headed over to Ivan's house and went off to plonk to obscurity as we briefly played blackjack before we stared at the night of the shadows before falling into deep snooze.

But before we snored like hogs, the highlight came when we had a boys talk. All of us, talked aloud and openly about girls, relationships and our future.

And it defined certain things like 3 of us are in 3 different phases of our love life.

Eric aka Sex God, has found himself in a new relationship but it is pretty rocky as there are loads of shit from the gal side which both him and the gal needs to overcome. He, being a maestro with 9 past relationships, has now gotten himself into another one and he believes that by being in relationships, you get to know finally what you want in a r/s.

I call it final destination, where you try new inroads and finally found where you want to travel. And with whom.

Ivan aka Sex Guru, is in a current long-term relationship which he pretty much enjoys but the thing is he never got to experience other gals company. He face the complexity of his girlfriend knowing all his friends and hence has never really talked on buddy buddy terms with a gal before and he found that he lost his touch of relating to other gals besids his girlfriend.

Then, there's me. The Sex Goon. I'm tied to nobody and intend to live life as carefree as possible. I've experimented with the possibility of me getting into a relationship but have kinda decided I'm just not ready yet as much as I want a relationship. In a relationship, there is this "give and take" issue which I'm not ready yet to fully comprehend and accept and hence, my bachelorhood. Or you can call it Goon-hood.

But the thing about me being the goon as compared to the guru is I can talk comfortably with gals. It is this innate skill I possess I guess that I relate better to girls. Maybe I'm more in touch with my feminine side. Oh, I forgot to add that Eric put some perspective on how I view relationships.

I view relationships logically and rationally. There is some purpose in things that people do and I see it that way. To put it bluntly, actions must have purposes and maybe that is why I have not made an emotional decision. Which I deny of course, because I've place my heart so many times on the stake and everytime, my heart is returned to me in a platter.

All bloody and rotten. And hence, I'm taken a pro-defensive stance of ever falling in love much less getting into a relationship.

Maybe I'm a complicated person. Or maybe I just like to complicate matters. Whatever it is, I still have the next 20 years of my lifetime to see how it goes.

I just hope I'm not that unlucky for the next 20 years.

Gooning off,
Benjamin

P.S. God, Guru and Goon are 3 terms we give ourselves, like 3 different characters of the Sex and the City cast .... Interesting drama script to do in Singapore = )

No comments: