Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Next phase

Moving on ....

Seems that life is filled with hurdles, you cross one and you leave behind some memories.

As internship is about to end, it also spells the end of certain things.

Like acquaintances of course mates will just be another face in the crowd.

It's really sad to see back in life how many friends we have lost along the way as we approach death. (I really sound sorrowful).

My primary school friends like Kelvin and Alex, whom I had strong bonds as a friend has now fade to oblivion. My secondary school buddies which took serperate routes and my mere contact now is only one.

My poly friends, whom I close to now, that constitutes Clara, Ivan, Eric, Aaron, Wendy, Gwenne, Wen Jun and Felicia, will just be a matter of time before we move on to the next phase of our lives.

Clara will be going NIE, Ivan and Eric will be heading to BMTC first but different schools, Wen Jun has to work in S'pore, Aaron is going to SCDF, Wendy is staying on as a journalist for the time being, so is Gwenne and Felicia is considering job options before she head to further studies.

Our lives that once met at the intersection will once again diverge as we find more crossroads where we will meet new people and new friends.

Will it all become a memory? Even so, what can sustain the friendship in future?

As much as mahjong and poly life talk can keep us afloat, I find myself slowly drifting away with some of my SB Club members when I met them at Grad ball where calling one another seems a bit tad awkward already.

What more a few years of abscene? Will we call one another? Will we meet up for a drink? Will we even recognize one another?

I sound depressed. Or even laughing at a sardonic future. But. This has been the way of life as we progressed. That is why a married couples has a handful of friends.

Why am I thinking of depressive stuff? I don't know. haha. Maybe I feel miserable right now. Not that I don't have friends to talk to but I think of the What ifs ...

A pondering wanderer,
Benjamin

No comments: