Monday, May 24, 2004

Philosophy of Money!

People have differing views on love, career and family.

Some place family in high regard while some just exult in the independence of freedom from the grasp of the parents.

I have a strange philosophy though that I thought of last night as I reflect my upcoming career.

As career is interlinked with money, I have these thoughts:

Money is meant to be spent. Enjoy it while you are young.

You only live once and you are only young once.

Hence, if I ever need to spend money, I spend it for the moment.

Fruitlessly, for the pursuit of enjoyment be it to faraway places or amusing gadgets. Money is meant to be spent. Period.

However, I will keep a reserve for emergencies. The ratio of my earnings would be 75% expenditure and 25% of it for rainy days.

In most likely scenarios, 50% or more would be spend on living expenditure like transport, healthcare, food and drinking newater. Hence, there isn't much to spend in the first place.

Blame CPF is your first instinct. I say, blame proper planning of what your enjoyment is and save towards that goal.

The reason I have this "thinking" is that why save so much money only to end up crippled or less agile to fly to Europe where most of your time will be spend visiting touristy places when you can do it as a youngster, explore the corners of whatever city has to hide.

Being a travel fuddy duddy equates to seeing the world with a tour guide. "Pukes"

I digress. Being frugal is good. But being old with so much money is a total waste of your effort in your young years.

Life is meant to be celebrated , for people to see the world, not to wait until you die and then enjoy its pleasures.

That's my philosophy towards money and life.

Cest la vie,
Benjamin

No comments: