Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Reminiscence

3 years ago, I chose to come to an institution far away from home, no friends to tag along and the spirit of no regrets of not heading the a JC.

After the post-internship seminar yesterday, a subtle realization of our graduation and forever not attending lessons in a tacky lanyard hit badly at the back of my head.

3 years passed and I've been touched (not molested, dope) by many people I've met.

My lecturers, my club friends, acquaintance from overseas trips and strangers whose feet that I've stepped on.

Sigh.... all these will just be a memory.

Especially the lecturers, I miss all their wacky and weird personalities.

The momentous hour was when the spotlight was on the lecturers to say a last few words to us, the first batch of DMC students.

I swear they would shed tears if they didn't mask it with their laughter. I would be if I were them, seeing how they made us all "grown up".

The seminar invited a horrible guest speaker, which was the yucks of the day but Miss Peters (our lecturer who spoke wonderfully) mentioned this:

"If you could change one thing in your entire 3 years here, what would it be ?"

Now the typical cliche answer would be nothing. And that would also be my answer.

That's because through my endeavours and my failures, I've learned to gain through my losses and accelerate from my gains. Okay, i'm just talking bullshit actually since I don't invent the Time Machine and whatever I say now won't change a damn thing.

Through it all, my 3 years here have been time well spent.

I have no regrets. Except for the time in year 2 .... and that time I went out with this .... also that time when I knew about .... not forgetting how angry ...

*** Ben zips ***

The phrase is "no regrets". No looking back except looking forward for eternal damnation for 2.5 years. Boy am I going to look good in green.

Salutes,
Benjamin

No comments: