Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Love lost

As I recovered from an awful flu in the early morning, I went to get my cheque. Finally.

Somehow, my pay is pro rata and I miss out the dates in my contract that I should work until the following tuesday but I ended it earlier on a Friday. Damn myself for not reading between the lines.

Hence, my pay is obscenely obscene to look at.

After that fiasco, I went to school to attend a DMC event.

To meet with lecturers and just see old faces, laughing at the yr 2 & 3s and waving a diploma in their faces.

But to some irony, I manage to chat with someone casually and um, I kinda like her.

It's been a long time since I felt some chemistry in a conversation with a complete stranger.

And yes, my heart fluttered a bit. My cold heart is unfreezing itself !

I know that if I don't approach her to probe further, I would never stand a chance anymore.

I then decide to do some background check to check her availability. Initially, news of her being an unattachee made me squirm in excitment.

With further confirmation with one of her project mates, I discovered she just recently got hitched to somebody.

Shattered and forlorn, I was visibly upset.

I don't do 3rd parties. Too complicated.

I truly enjoyed her company for 15 minutes or so and could feel some form of "connection".

Maybe the "connection" only applied to me : (

She is a nice and affable gal though. I wish I could spend more time knowing her.

Maybe if she weren't attached, maybe if I was still studying in SP, maybe...

Sigh,
Benjamin

P.S. Although in one of the earliest post I mentioned the perks of being single, being attached and being in love overrules all of it.

I sound as though as I'm desperate but I'm really not, it's not everyday you meet somebody and you feel that there is some possibility of you walking down the aisle & starting a family with her, right?

P.S.S. I don't think she'll ever read my blog and hence, I poured out the emotions that I went through today which has been a whirlwind of late. If only she knew...

No comments: