Monday, July 05, 2004

Countdown

Today, I have an insatiable desire to count down the remaining work days I have left.

10 days.

Cranky Monday you have to say, 10 full working days more before I leave this god-forsaken place.

I have yet to take an official leave for more than 2 days to relax in the comforts of the fast paced working world.

After Ivan's birthday on saturday/sunday, one idea came clear to me.

I need to learn driving. Badly.

That's because you'll feel empowered with the mobility to travel at any time and any pace.

Coupled with the fact that my father still retains his Mazda 323 for my nightly disposal if and when I have to travel. Yay !

In some strange form of irony, my father got a job in his old company with a slightly lower pay but with the ability to upkeep the car.

Just have to get my lazy ass to attend driving lessons. Which are damn costly in my opinion. Note: From my own pocket.

I can just imagine the endless possibilities of where I could go with a car !

Midnight madness wandering around town, Changi, Fisherman's village, Siglap, Downtown East and East Coast Park. The east is super duper cool not forgetting Geylang, Katong and Joo Chiat.

The west only has ummm.... Holland Village ? and Bukit Timah area ?

The Eastern Singaporeans have way much cooler hangouts. Period.

Approx 5 weeks countdown before I head to the army.

A feeling of sian-ness and "looking forward to".

I need the "drive" for the next 2 years. I need to learn how to drive. = )

Mazda RX wannabe racer,
Benjamin

Misc note: Damn the Trojan horse. Flamboyant Portugese soccer rules.

Misc note 2: I've updated some links >>>> Boring strategic Greek soccer sucks.

No comments: