Monday, July 19, 2004

Boring Days Ahoy!
 
The past 3 days are what you call decadence.
 
Sleep, binge on junk food, sleep and playing online games, that's pretty much how I wasted myself.
 
I was supposedly to go out and see the world but somebody was all so tired and irritated the bloody patience out of me.
 
Well, I amused myself to play gin just to kill time.
 
It never occured to me how time passes so slowly.
 
At work, time always seem so inadequate when deadlines are like "chop chop chop your head off".
 
At home, time trickles so slowly that every afternoon nap last for 15 minutes but you feel so refreshed.
 
Ah, how I beget not extending my contract.
 
Then again, it is a well deserved rest after all the shit working in the lower rungs of the advertising industry.
 
I now busy myself of "compacting" myself. I try to arrange, organize and sort out the junk that I have accumulated during my poly years.
 
In other words, I have just spring cleaned my wardrobe and got rid of clothes which I will never see myself wearing. They go into a "clothes I'll keep but I'll never wear again" big container. I should consider selling it to karang guni or give it to charity.
 
I'm moving onto the miscellaneous stuff like pizza boxes and mucus filled tissue paper found in weird corners of my room. I should get rid of some books that just accumulates dust. Like the "How to succeed in finding Love" & "How to find Love in the right places" books that I've bought in secondary school & polytechnic respectively.
 
I'm also gathering all my army stuff as a humane bid to find something useful or meaningful of my mundane home existence. I have compiled a list.
  
One of the expensive purchases is getting a cheap handphone which has a long battery life and is able to let me yak for hours to random people/ voice answering machines on 1900 chatlines when I'm bored and lonely in my bunk.
 
Another item I'm getting is a Discman. It can be a bore at camp after you've destroyed and abused all the gym equipment and shower for like 8 times in the last hour or so. Hence, music is like the only entertainment you can get besides the faithful newspapers, so I heard.
 
Anybody got lobang or advice with regards to handphone or discman? Would be decent for yall to post a comment or at least I know you exist or you all can at least help.
 
At least I know I won't be talking to a granite wall. I'll do that when I get enlisted.
 
Boredom's best friend,
Benjamin

No comments: