Friday, July 02, 2004

Geek's lovelife

I'm currently wearing my geeky specs to work now.

Squarish with thick black plastic frames, I'm officially geek of the office. Coupled with spiky hair and big bowtie, it's no wonder I get stared at during lunch hour.

The specs are for my army and I thought it would be matching with my black shirt & pants coupled with my black laptop bag.

Men in Black ....... Nah ........ not that suave.

Geek in Black ....... Uh huh Uh huh.

The saving grace is that I look like a pseudo-creative bookworm.

Other misc. stuff so far:

2 peeps have moved in with me and I have to be bosom buddies with them so that they can feel right at home. Hence, my freedom on weekends have now been handcuffed to support my overseas studies in future (aka tenants = money = me entertaining guests = future studies).

I've decide to take a stand to be relationship-free (aka emotional burden-free)for the next 4 years or so as:

a. I don't wish to tie down somebody I like to eventually find out a few years later that I don't love her that much (unless I meet her in uni and things evolved from there)

b. Long Distance relationships or Long Weekends relationships hardly work unless both places in loads of effort and commitment and even so (refer to above a.)

c. I love the freedom to dig my nose without anyone slapping my digging finger and the freedom of anoymity of standing starkly in contrast with all the lovey-dovey couples happily sauntering around gleefully with handcuffs wrist

But then again, who knows if I'll meet anyone special.

I've been keeping an eye out though and I have 1 target. Just a matter of me to take action. Argh. I'm scared she'll reject me and I'll feel terrible for life. (btw, I'm afraid she'll reject me for a date; i'm not asking for a r/s).

My lucky bastard best friend, has 3 gals chasing him. And guess what. He wants neither!

Ah, the ironies of life.

Benjamin the geek

No comments: