Sunday, November 30, 2003

Stalemate

As expected, things didn't budge an inch. At all. No matter how long time flows.

A Secondary School class gathering after 3 years, I met up with loads of old classmates that I haven't seen for ages. There was NO change in their looks, maturity level or social interaction. There were some who are spotted with new hairdos, like me but other than that, everyone's personality changed the same.

Clicks still remain and nothing much has change. Let me review the history together with you. I was relatively a loner in my class. Being placed in a class where most of them interacted more on Chinese, i was practically hanging by the social ladder. School wasn't a popularity contest back then but if you had the charisma, you could have bunch of friends and clicks just band together and scrutinise the other loners.

I was never in good terms with the guys with my class. They eat, live, smell and stank of soccer. I liked watching soccer but not to the extent of playing it every week. I'm no sporty lad but just an average joe trying to make an impact in this big globe.

On the other hand, i pride myself as being the only guy that makes an effort to interact with the gals at my class. I'm not a flirt and i don't have any ill intentions but I feel that i relate and interact better with the feminine side of my class. It is their maturity level it seems that keeps me still breathing while the rest are forcing me to drown in the depths of immaturity and popularity stakes.

Well, things never do change as I hoped. Somehow, i feel that the guys are against me for some reason or another. They are on the brink of total acquaintance only and never made an effort with me to gather more about our friendship. I remember a time where we could crap the whole day long, but it seems time has changed the tide and the wave is long forgotten.

It's interesting to see how life evolve and I wish all me classmates a good endeavour to succeed in their life. I, on the other hand, will not dwell at the past and look forward to all my new friends.

Life is indeed wonderful.

- Benjamin

No comments: