Thursday, November 20, 2003

MRT-travel

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!

Well, as you all can see, i'm just so happy.
I have finished the creatives and mounting it. All that is needed to be done now is to memorise the script and present it to the client this 26th Wednesday. Come and support me !! haha. I will be presenting to National Library Board. Wish me luck.

Okay now to my daily senseless sacarstical ramblings.

Topic of the day: People on MRT trains

I'm a daily commuter of MRT trains. Travelling to and forth, i estimate i spent 4% of my lifetime on the train. There is a few things you can do on the train. Sit, stand, sit on the floor. Then, when you are in these various positions, you either, read newspaper, chat on the phone, read a book or dig your nose. This is where it gets interesting.

People jostle for space, to get as much circle of freedom, that is why people move to the centre of the train or sit on seats where they don't share the same breathing with the any person to their left or right. This gets complicated during office hours. The crowd gets enormous and the most lethal things on these trains are not people standing OVER the yellow line but instead, it reeks and occupies loads of space so that people beside you will move away.

You must be thinking body odour or farting gas. Well, i am not referring to that. I will one day to fart or B/O you but not now in this blog. Instead, they are morning tabloids. Yeah, i don't know about you people but the smell of fresh newspaper makes me wanna puke. Well the smell of one isn't that bad but when 20 newspaper crammed in a place where only 21 people can stand, that would make you the odd one out without the smell. I was tempted to fart so that I gained more space in the train but people spread their newspaper so wide as though they were in their toilet cubicle shitting.

What makes it worse is the very fact that these crisp tabloids have sharp edges. So, when I enter the train, I can scratched or even mauled by tabloids spreading themselves. I resist snatching the newspaper and crunching it in front of their face.

You must be thinking. Ben must be illiterate because he doesn't read free newspaper. Then, Ben tells you now that I would like to read newspaper at my own leisure. Now when people peek over your shoulder, bump your elbow or scratch your face with the side of a free tabloid.

I am a anti-free-newspaper-group due to the harm they cause to me. NOT to the environment. Whoever knows which person invented the idea of free tabloids, I'm going over there to fart in his very face. Better yet, i'll scratch him with my newspaper.

- Ben

No comments: