Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Sin

Cookies and Cream ice cream.

The thought of this sin is too tempting too resist. The notion of this craving stuck in my mind for 3 hours before I took any attempts to get up from my bed to curb it. Ice-cream, vanila or cookiesncream, is delish. I can't help stop thinking about it and so, I took my bicycle and cycled to 7-eleven.

Now, I ain't no bad cyclist but it has been several years since I rode on one. I have roughly sat on a bicycle 4 times in the past 3 years and I could ride pretty well. Recently, my father repaired a Gary Fisher bicycle and I took that revamped bicycle to grab that cookies and cream ice-cream of mine. You can obviously see, cookies n cream ice-cream practically flooded my mind, even as I'm blogging now.

So, there I was riding and I felt my wallet was uncomfortably placed on my shorts pocket and I had to re-adjust if I did not want to turn up at the store without money to buy my favourite ice-cream. Hence, I pressed the brakes.

BAM! The bicycle really prove its worth after its "renovation". As soon as I hit the brakes hardly, off my buttocks flew away from the seat and as my hands held tightly to the reins, my body became jumbled up with the bike and crash, I hit the pavement, like crash dummies in a test car experiment. I scraped my knee cap and my pride as I saw one lady at the bus stop looking at me with an OMG gap with her yellow teeth from the distance. I gathered myself, embarrased from this minor fiasco of not knowing the strength of my bike's brakes. Was I wounded? Definently, but the thought of cookies n cream ice-cream being sold out was unthinkable as I peddaled furiously with me bleeding, without a heck but for only one thought. Cookies n cream ice-cream.

The journey back home was safe. In tow, i had two tubs of Wall's Cookies and Cream ice-cream and my grin was like the Disappearing cat in 'Alice in Wonderland'. Come to think of it now, I would gladly break an arm or a leg just for that taste of Cookies and Cream ice-cream. Going to enjoy that now, will be back later to tell you how I went to heaven and came back to relate to you to my fantasy.

- Benjamin

Note: 7-eleven does not sell cookies and cream ice-cream. It's always sold out. Visit your Chinese provision shops or you ah pu nei nei shop for it. They are always in stock. Or you could whine to the uncle how you break your knee on the way there and he'll put Oreos in your Vanila ice cream for free. = )

Note.Note: Cookies and Cream is a more mentioned word here than "the" or "with" in this post.

No comments: