Friday, December 05, 2003

Children

I have been at the chalet for the last 4 days.

It was an impromptu invitation from my secondary school sweetheart and hence, my acceptance in going. However, there was some hesitation too as it seems i'm the only one staying. You see, the whole entire family is situated there. I'm the odd chess piece that don't fit onto the board. Strangely enough, I was encouraged to stay on the first day and for the rest of the remaining period.

Okay, i'm sure anyone reading this would wanna know what happened and just sip into the dribble of the juicy gossip. To provide at least some decency, I shall stop you from salivating and tell you that NOTHING HAPPENED.

But these 4 days away from home made me see the world more. As ironic as it is even though home was barely 15 minutes away, it gave me perspective while travelling to and fro from school. (I had to return to school frequently).

One thing that really got me thinking was Kids.

Mischevious and cunning, innocent but back-stabbing, children cannot be preceived as the innocent angels as they are. My secondary school sweetheart (aka Miss Z) had a little brother called Irritant Q. He is barely primary 2 and he is a spoiled brat. Yup, more spoiled than any kid than i ever know. Even the kid in me.

He is an attention grabbing, tantrum throwing and a prissy little prick if i may add. He is obnoxious and oblivious to proper manners. This is because he is pampered alot and Q is a prick in my ass as he annoy even the patient me. If he is alone and I have burst my limits, i would take my masking tape and wrap his fragile face and throw him out of the second floor chalet. Thank god i'm writing this from the comforts of my school instead of a prison.

If children as this time and age are so spoiled and arrogant, what would become the next generation also aka my future offspring. Should i burden myself of letting my sperm grow out of his head to be an unfillal and useless human being with corrupted human values or should i content myself of having no care and concern for dirty pampers and boiled breast milk?

The question really lies on how you educate your children. If it were up to me, I would be a strict discplinarian like my mother was. She didn't spare the rod when i was rude and disobedient. Q climbed all over the mother's head just to get his way of playing Xbox, snatching sweets off the shelve and forcing his rule on people accompanying him to the baby pool. It is a real headache with him being around, I wish children would grow up and mature faster. They do not have any innocence left in them from how the pampering their parents shower upon them.

The reason why children are so overtly pampered is because parents spent too much time at work and they only can give monetary compensation to their kids through toys and junk food. Kids nowadays are smarter and if they cant get your money, they will want your attention by embarrasing you in the departmental store, MRT or threatening to place their parents in foster care when they are old.

I was a kid once. I know. But not anymore, this time, I embarass them by not having grandkids forever. See what can they do about that !

- Ben

No comments: